Winter is coming soon and you got to be prepared for it. Today, we’ll talk about some of your dog necessities. You, as a good pet owner, must be sure that the cold season will not affect him, so in this article, I will try to learn you how to make plans to build an insulated dog house, for your pet-friend.
If your doggy sleeps or stays a lot of time outside, be sure he stays warm all winter season with the best-insulated dog house to suit your backyard garden.
While it’s generally best to let your puppies rest into the house While the temperatures are low, you may still want your doggy to spend a lot of time outside the house for exercise — and those cases, you need an all-seasons dog house.
Before my recommendation, I will try to remind you of the main specification of a well-insulated dog house. Read those five tips of insulated dog house ( I apply them for my little friend ) and after that, take the best choice for your puppy.
Five tips for any insulated dog house:
- Waterproof: Make sure that the insulated dog house is fully protected from the rain. We don’t like the wet atmosphere inside of our home, so let’s trait our pet-friends equal with us. So, make sure that both the foundation and the roof of the insulated dog house represent good isolation ( “WATERPROOF” is the main ingredient ).
- Weather Protection: You can find an online insulated dog house for summer and winter. Those products, made from wood, are especially created to protect your dog from the weather conditions. When you buy it, make sure that the door or flap remains closed through the elements, keeping the pup safe from snow or rain.
- Size: The size of the insulated dog house must be at least 30 percent larger than your dog. Ideally, there should be enough space for your dog to turn completely around, without too much struggle.
- Structure: No one likes a shaky house. Make sure that the dog house will not collapse at the first breeze. So choose a product with a sturdy and durable structure.
- Location: The dog house must be safely placed (not under old trees, shaky buildings, etc). Also, make sure that it is placed near the window (in most of the cases, in the front of your house) or in any place you can hear it fast, in case of emergency.
The main idea of those five points above: COMFORT!
Based on the requirements specified above, we recommend you the following product:
The price is affordable and it includes all the factors above: It is Sturdy, Safe and Very Comfortable for your dog.
1. What is the best-insulated dog house?
The best dog house for your dog is the one who protects it and where your pet will find the necessary comfort.
2. How do you insulate a dog house for the winter?
You can opt-in for a DIY insulated dog house or buy a ready-made one. If you want to opt-in for the DIY part, follow the instructions from this comprehensive article: Insulated Dog House
3. What temperatures can Dogs withstand?
First of all, it depends on your dog’s race and size. The smaller the dog is, it will need temperature protection both in the summer and in the winter. You can see a very good infographic here: Cold weather and dogs
4. Will a dog house keep my dog warm?
Yes! If you keep your dog outside the house, a dog house is a must for it. Like I already wrote above, a dog house ( a good one or at least a normal one ) should be insulated. If the structure is good enough, you don’t need electricity or even bedding to keep him warm.
Dog House Heater
Use the best, to warm your best friend. The dog house heater is the best-insulated dog house accessory to protect your dog.
This thermostat-controlled unit can heat a well-insulated dog house to 32 cubic feet. Just set the thermostat and walk away. It regulates itself.
I know what you’re thinking… Is it safe? Absolutely!
It features a heat shield that protects your pet from getting burned and a spring protected cord to keep your pet from chewing or destroying the cord and potentially hurting themselves.
It also comes with a replaceable 150-watt heating element which is sure to last and keep your dog warm and cozy for many winters.